When Great Minds Join Together, Anything is Possible
Ready to take your skills and put them to work on the machinery people use every day? How about doing it with a team that’s been trusted for over 100 years? When you join a union, you join real people making a real impact on the world—in everything from healthcare to manufacturing to retail. All they’re waiting for is you.
You’ll be part of a highly skilled workforce that’s renowned for product quality, customer service and satisfaction, fewer errors, higher productivity and greater competitiveness. As a member, your name will be synonymous with quality, craftsmanship and reliability. Where else can you find such career potential?
Recruitment for Apprentices & Journeyman is happening now!
United Association Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Division Local No. 9, Local No. 274, Local No. 322, Local No. 475 are all accepting resumes for HVAC/R service technicians. Each Local is requiring applicants to have a minimum 5 years experience with light commercial, commercial and industrial equipment.
Reasons to join include:
Joining the UA gets you access to industry-leading training to take your skills to the next level with a comprehensive education program that is second to none in the State of New Jersey. Journeyman training is available for all UA technicians at no cost and provides you with information and instruction on the latest advancements in the HVAC/R field in addition to ongoing continuing education. Classes are held at night throughout the spring and fall semesters at the UA’s state-of-the-art training center.
Complete Benefits Package that Includes:
- Health Coverage, (100% for entire family- No preexisting conditions clause)
- Prescription Card
- Well Baby Visits
- Dental (including Orthodontia)
- Chiropractic Care
- Vision (including radial keratotomy & surgical procedures to correct myopia or hyperopia)
- $50,000 Life Insurance policy
- $50,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Plan
- Temporary Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays & Sick Days
- Tax Deferred Annuity ($4.70/hr)
- Pension Plan and more! ($4.00/hr)
HVAC/R Journeyman Wages and Benefits Package:
Total Health & Pension Education Annuity Industry Adv/ Mech Cont. (Min)Hourly Package Welfare Fund Funds Fund UA Training Association Rate
$62.39 $13.51 $4.00 $.67 $4.70 $.35 $.08 $39.08
Security is knowing that if you leave your job with a union contractor you do not have to start all over again renegotiating wages, benefits and retirement accounts. The United Association has over 170 HVAC/R contractors throughout New Jersey, all paying the same wages and fringe benefits.
HVAC/R Business Agent
Benefits of Joining
- Industry-leading training, continuing education, and chance to earn while you learn
- Guaranteed path to become the finest craftsman
- Pursue many opportunities in the trade profession
- Health care benefits for you and your family
- Pension plan and contribution plan to ensure a comfortable retirement
- Career security with power in numbers
- A career that makes a real-world difference